Assistant County Engineer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$44.91 - $53.62/hour
- Posted Date:09/15/2017
Under general supervision, performs planning, design, and direction of civil engineering projects for the County.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or other related Engineering field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.
- Experience is preferred in subdivision design or review, drainage calculations and storm water management, and road and bridge design, construction, and maintenance.
- Experience with land surveying principles and practices is preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering codes and regulations related to the Texas Local Government Code regarding County interest and issues.
- Knowledge of general civil engineering practices and design for roads, bridges, and drainage.
- Basic knowledge of engineering computer software, construction plans, specifications, and drawings.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Participates in the development and implementation of annual County road reconstruction/maintenance plans.
- Provides technical aid and coordination with various County departments.
- Provides work direction to technical staff and supervises the administration and technical work of others.
- Develops and reviews plans and proposals for County road and bridge projects and manages consultant contracts to provide for project design, bidding, and construction.
- Works with Texas Department of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration on federally- or state-funded capital projects.
- Coordinates with local municipalities on projects within their city limits or extraterritorial jurisdictions.
- Coordinates with drainage districts on projects within their jurisdictions.
- Coordinates with Road & Bridge personnel and other County departments for plan review and permits on projects as applicable.
- Provides project information to the public when requested.
- Participates in planning activities for capital projects and road and bridge activities.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Please apply at the Brazoria County Human Resources Dept. or applications may be obtained and submitted at this website.