General Park Ranger-Resoft County Park
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$18.77/hourly
- Posted Date:10/02/2017 11:56 AM
Park location: inside the city of Alvin, a southern suburb of the Greater Houston, TX, metro area; Brazoria County Parks Department is growing and thriving in Southeast Texas, and features 10 recreational park sites, one historic site, more than 20 boat ramp facilities and 14 miles of public beach along the Gulf of Mexico. The region also boasts diverse wildlife and landscapes such as Columbia Bottomland forests, rivers, bays and estuaries, and a dedicated and professional team of employees.
Basic Job Description for Resoft Park Ranger—Resoft County Park features 80-plus acres, a 5-acre lake, several picnic pavilions which are available for rental, paved multi-use hike-and-bike trail, large playground area, youth soccer fields and restroom complexes. Park is day-use only. The successful candidate for Resoft Park Ranger will perform the following duties:
- general park oversight and maintenance, mowing, picking up trash, cleaning restrooms and picnic pavilions, and assisting as needed on park projects, wildlife and fisheries management, public events and interacting with park visitors in a friendly and professional manner; basic knowledge of power equipment such as tractors, riding lawnmowers, weedeaters, power tools and hand tools required; knowledge of small engine repair, lawn care and/or wildlife/fisheries a plus.
- Occasional travel to Park HQ in Angleton, and other county park locations.
- Position will also likely help manage probationer and community service workers while they are on site and in the park to assist with park maintenance, etc.
- Employee must be willing to work non-traditional schedule: weekends, holidays, special events and occasional evenings if needed.
Salary range: $39,038 per year plus benefits package, and is a full-time, 40-hour per week, non-supervisory position; Supervisor: Resoft Co. Park Ranger position reports directly to Parks Deputy Director of Operations, J.R. Norris; Qualifications: high school diploma or G.E.D. required; stronger consideration will be given to those with college coursework in parks and recreation, wildlife / fisheries management, forestry or any related field, and / or those with at least one year experience working with a parks, recreation or public works department.