Reference Librarian- Angleton Library
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$46,416 - $52,242/annually
- Posted Date:11/03/2017 9:45 AM
- Deadline to Apply:11/24/2017 5:00 PM
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a member of the Angleton Branch Library, develops and directs a range of reference programs and services for the public system-wide. Performs a variety of professional duties involved in the planning, coordinating, and implementing activities of the library's reference desk. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; provides administrative and professional assistance to the Branch Librarian and manages the Library in their absence. Works a varied schedule include days, evenings and weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university. Prior experience with the management and delivery of the full range of library adult services including reference, readers' advisory, collection development, outreach, adaptive technology and digital literacy. Ability to supervise staff and organize work priorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provides public assistance in reference and reader’s advisory service and in use of collection, catalog, electronic resources, and other services
- Models appropriate customer service; fosters team management by establishing and nurturing a work environment that will promote and maintain a high level of morale and productivity.
- Assists in maintaining a collection by selecting, developing and weeding collection regularly.
- Identifies library needs in the community; plans and provides services and programs to meet community interests.
- Proficient with technology and comfortable coaching patrons.
- Handles initial patron purchase suggestions.
- As a team, answers e-reference questions for the library system
- Attends and participates in professional activities, conferences and committees
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience with public programming for adults.
- Experience marketing library programming and resources
- Knowledge of current trends in library science
- Prior experience finding and applying for grants
HOURS: 40 hours per week (Saturdays and evenings as scheduled)
SALARY: Pay range of $46,416- $52,242 annually as negotiated, based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: Standard County benefits apply: paid holidays, paid vacation & sick leave, insurance & retirement programs
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 24, 2017
Please apply at the Brazoria County Human Resources Dept. or call (979) 864-1809. Applications may also be obtained and submitted at www.brazoriacountytx.gov