I have a lawn care business. Can I bring trimmings from client?s property and burn it on my property?No.
- You may burn limbs, leaves and straw that originated on your property.
- Yes, however the Commissioners Court may require that certain procedures be followed durring a burn ban. The Burn Ban Order will contain information about safety matters that must be addressed by individuals conducting hot work operations.
- Yes, open flame cooking can be done outdoors during a burn ban, however the flames must be completely enclosed in the cooking device.
- No, please visit the Burn Ban or News Page for local burn ban information.
City of Iowa Colony
- The Brazoria County Fire Marshal's Office conducts permitting and inspection through a inter local agreement.
- The Brazoria County Commissioneers Court adopted the 2012 International Fire Code (2012 IFC) for the unicorporated areas of the county only.
Fire Compliance Inspections
- Yes, the Fire Marshal's Office conducts routine inspections on commercial buildings, state licensed foster homes and facilities, and hazardous processes. Please contact the Fire Marshal's Office at (979) 864-1201 to schedule an inspection.
Can I get someone to come out to talk to our school, daycare or safety fair about fire safety/fire extinguishers?The Brazoria County Fire Marshal's Office coordinates with local fire departments when conducting fire prevention programs for schools, daycares and other educational opertunities within the county. Call the Brazoria County Fire Marshal's Office at (979) 8641201 to schedule a safety program. Please allow a couple of weeks for scheduling and planning prior to the requested safety program date.
Can I get someone to come out to talk to our neighborhood association/business about fire safety/fire extinguishers?Yes, please call the Brazoria County Fire Marshal's Office at (979) 864-1201 to schedule a date and time.
- No, however the Commissioners Court may impose a fireworks ban under certain conditions.
- No, fireworks can be discharged in the county only when they are used safely, not for public special event displays and within a 5,000 feet of a cities prohibited area. Please contact the closest city and fire department to determine if firework use is not allowed within 5,000 feet of the city.
Open Records Request
How do I obtain a record related to a fire inspection in the unincorporated area of Brazoria County?Request for fire inspection records can be made by contacting the Brazoria County Fire Marshal's Office at (979) 864-1201.
- Request for fire investigation reports can be made at the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office.
- Please see the Fire Operational Permits informaton sheet and contact the Fire Marshal's Office at (979) 864-1201 to obtain a application and permit.
- Please see the Fire Construction Permits informaton sheet and contact the Fire Marshal's Office at (979) 864-1201 to obtain a application and permit.
- Yes, the Fire Marshal's Office issues permits for construction and hazardous operations.
- No, burglar alarms are not required to be registered within the county and no permit fee is required.
- Yes, fire alarm systems are required to be registered with the Fire Marshal's Office. There is no permit fee for annual registration of a fire alarm system.
- Please refer to the Texas board of Professional Engineers for requirements.
- Please refer to the Texas Board of Architects for requirements.
- A letter of submittal with scope of work should be submitted with 2 complete hard copy plan sets and 1 complete plan set on digital media (CD). 1 complete and approved hard copy plan set will be returned as the approved site construction plan during the construction process.
- Yes, the Fire Marshal's Office conducts plan review on site developments for road access, water utilities and fire protection systems.
- Yes, the Fire Marshal's Office conducts plan reviews for the construction of buildings, hazardous material processes and the installation of fire protection systems
- Yes, the Fire Marshal's Office conducts plan reviews for the remodels alterations, extensions or additons to existing buildings and fire protection systems.