BRAZORIA COUNTY PURCHASING POLICY
The Public Information Act
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
Rights of Requestors
You have the right to:
- Access to information that is not confidential or otherwise protected;
- Receive a written statement of estimated copy charges, when charges will exceed $40, in advance of work being started and opportunity to modify the request in response to the itemized statement.
Procedures to Obtain Information
Submit a written request to:
Lesa Girouard, A.P.P., C.P.M., C.P.P.B
Brazoria County Courthouse
111 E. Locust, Bldg A-29, Suite 100
Angleton, TX 77515
- Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the Purchasing Department to accurately identify and locate the information requested;
- Cooperate with the Purchasing Department’s reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information requested.
Cost of Records
- The first ten (10) copies shall be issued at no charge to requestor. Each additional copy shall be charged at $0.10 per copied page.
- If estimated costs exceed $100.00 a bond, prepayment or deposit may be required.
Release of Information
The Purchasing Department will make every effort to respond to your request within ten (10) business days of receipt of request.
Please contact the Brazoria County Purchasing Department at 979-864-1825 regarding any additional questions with regard to Public Information of Purchasing documents.