Temporary Alcohol Permits
Brazoria County Temporary Alcohol Permit Policy
Brazoria County Temporary Alcohol Permit Policy is hereby established as follows:
- At least 30 days before the date on which an event involving a temporary alcohol permit will be held, the promoter/applicant shall file a permit application with the Brazoria County District Attorney's Office - civil Division at 111 East Locust Street, Suite 513 (A), Angleton, Texas 77515; (979) 864-1233
- An application form may be obtained in person at the District Attorney's Office - Civil Division or downloaded at County Temporary Alcohol Permit
- The application shall include the following information:
- The promoter/applicant's full name, address, e-mail address, and phone number;
- For the person associated with the promoter/applicant, that individual's date of birth, driver's license number and state, e-mail address, and phone number(s);
- How the event will be advertised, including copies of any and all advertisements;
- The event's location, dates, and times;
- The maximum number of persons allowed to attend the event;
- The percentage of children to adults expected to attend the event;
- Any other detailed information concerning the planned event; The application must be completely filled out before filling. Failure to fill in each blank may delay the processing of an application
- The promoter/applicant shall also attach the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission's ("TABC") Application for Daily Temporary Mixed Beverage Permit, Daily Temporary Private club, Temporary License or Charitable Auction Permit and TABC's approval/disapproval form to be executed by the County Sheriff, District Attorney and County Judge.
- The District Attorney's Office will process the application and then submit the necessary documentation tot he Sheriff and County Judge for approval. Once approval is obtained, the District Attorney's Office will provide applicant with the appropriate documentation.
- The District Attorney, Sheriff, or County Judge may refuse to issue the temporary alcohol permit if there is reason to believe the issuance of the license would be detrimental to the public.
- If the event requires compliance with the Mass Gathering statutes, the applicant/promoter will make arrangements to comply with said statutes. The application must be completely filled out before filling. Failure to fill in each blank may delay the processing of an application