Free Tax Help at Brazoria County Libraries
Free Tax Help at Brazoria County Libraries Begins Feb. 4
Volunteers from the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program will provide free income tax help and preparation to taxpayers at six libraries throughout Brazoria County from February 4 to April 15, 2019. They provide their service to taxpayers with low-and moderate-income, with special attention to those age 60 and older.
Hours and locations are:
• Alvin: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Angleton: Wednesdays 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Brazoria: Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Freeport: Mondays 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Closed Feb. 18)
• Lake Jackson: Thursdays 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Pearland: Wednesdays and Fridays 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The service is provided on a first-come, first served basis, and those seeking assistance are asked to bring all available tax paperwork with them, including a copy of last year’s tax returns, W2 forms from each employer, unemployment compensation statements, 1099 forms, all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions, and Social Security cards or other official documentation for the taxpayer and all dependents.
For a list of AARP Tax-Aide locations throughout the Houston area, visit www.aarp.org/taxaide or call 1-888-AARPNOW (1-888-227-7669).