The new Discovery Event Center at Quintana Beach County Park serves our community
in both educational and recreational capacities.
- Brazoria County school districts are able to rent the location free of charge.
- The Brazoria County Parks Department plans to host educational programs presented by our Lead Interpretive Ranger, Mike Mullenweg, at the Center.
The Discovery Event Center is available for event reservations, including small weddings, family reunions, birthday parties, showers, and business meetings.
- Two restrooms
- Baby changing station
- Drinking fountain
- Presentation hall with a capacity for 80 people, and floor to ceiling windows facing the Gulf.
- Either configured in classroom (20 18"x96" conference tables) or banquet style (10 60" round tables)
- Wireless PA system with microphone
- 90" TV Monitor
- Computer connections for presentations
- WiFi and Bluetooth
- Kitchenette with full size refrigerator and microwave
1/2 Day Rentals
9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday
$250 rental, $100 refundable security deposit
No 1/2 day rentals on weekends or holidays
9 a.m. to midnight, Tuesday-Sunday
$400 rental, $200 refundable security deposit
- The Discovery Event Center is closed on Mondays, as is the Quintana Beach County Park main office.
- Rental includes use of tables and chairs to accommodate up to 80 people (max occupancy).
- Any and all Brazoria County Independent School Districts shall be able to use the Discovery Events Center free of charge for educational purposes; free usage also applies to private schools (TAPPS), or recognized home school groups—as long as school groups are based in Brazoria County, educational usage of Discovery Events Center is free of charge.
- Rental rates for other educational functions, or partner organizations is negotiable with Brazoria County Park supervisory staff, and is to be determined (i.e. Texas Master Naturalists, Texas Master Gardeners, Turtle Patrol, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept., etc.).
- Shown by appointment only. Please call the office if you're interested in touring the facility before making a reservation.